Two postcards mailed in June 1917 from Camp Witley in UK from soldier in the 104th Infantry Battalion to his sister in Toronto.
Sanbride postcards published by Hood & Co of Middlesbrough.
‘VIEW MILFORD & LONDON RD. FROM WATER TOWER. WITLEY CAMP’
Mailed to "Miss Mabel McPaul 474 Dovercourt Toronto Ontario"
Couple small corner creases.
‘WITLEY CAMP’ (view from across the Haslemere Road)
Stamp is 2 cent King George V
Paper scuffed in corners.
Witley Military Camp, often simplified to Camp Witley, was a temporary army camp set up on Witley Common, Surrey, England during both the First and Second World Wars. The camp was about 40 mi (64 km) southwest of London. Camp Witley was one of three facilities in the Aldershot Command area established by the Canadian Army; the others being Bordon and Bramshott (nr. Liphook).
The 104th Battalion, CEF, was an infantry battalion of the Great War Canadian Expeditionary Force. The 104th Battalion was authorized on 22 December 1915 and embarked for Britain on 28 June 1916, where, on 18 July 1916, its personnel were absorbed by the 17th Reserve Battalion, CEF and the 32nd Battalion, CEF, to provide reinforcements for the Canadian Corps in the field. The battalion disbanded on 27 July 1918. The 104th Battalion recruited throughout New Brunswick and was mobilized at Sussex.