Print ‘St. George’s Chapel at Windsor’ @1795

'Published according to Act of Parliament by Alex.r Hogg, No. 16 Paternoster Row' (London)

Copper engraved print, engraved by Thornton.

From Hogg’s ‘The Antiquities of England and Wales’.

Nice image of nobles walking outside.

Nice copy on thick paper, sharp copy. Light smudges UR. Shadowing on back of another print.

21.75 X 16.25 cm.

 

St George's Chapel is the place of worship at Windsor Castle in England, United Kingdom. It is both a royal peculiar and the chapel of the Order of the Garter. The chapel is governed by the Dean and Canons of Windsor.

The chapel is located in the Lower Ward of the castle, which is one of the principal residences of Queen Elizabeth II.

WIKIPEDIA