Lunch menu for Canyon Hotel Yellowstone Park - July 20, 1946

Menu from Yellowstone Park Canyon Hotel, destroyed by fire in 1960.
CANYON HOTEL, Yellowstone Park, Wyo.
             Saturday July 20, 1946

Nice images of waterfalls ©Haynes. Nice graphic at bottom.

On the menu: "Puree of Navy Beans", "Spaghetti with Chickenlivers", "Nectarine Peach Cobbler", "Postum", etc...

Horizontal fold, crease top left corner. Back has inscription 'V.P.754'.

8 ½" x 4 ¼"

The Canyon Hotel was built in Yellowstone National Park in 1910 by the Yellowstone Park Company to accommodate visitors to the area of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone and Yellowstone Falls. The hotel was built on a huge scale, with a perimeter measurement of one mile. Situated on a hill to the west of the falls, it dominated the landscape. It had an elegant resort-like air when first built. After World War II it was regarded by the National Park Service as outdated. Suffering from neglect, it was abandoned in the late 1950s and was in the process of demolition when it was destroyed by fire in 1960.

Related Items