Copper engraved print.
No indication on print of engraver or printer.
Nice copy on laid paper. Browning along top and left borders.
22.5 X 18.5 cm.
Inveraray Castle is a country house near Inveraray in the county of Argyll, in western Scotland, on the shore of Loch Fyne, Scotland’s longest sea loch.
It has been the seat of the Duke of Argyll, chief of Clan Campbell, since the 18th century.
Work on the castle began in 1743 and replaced an earlier 15th-century castle. In October 1746 the foundation stone was laid. Built in Gothic Revival style, later additions included a third floor with dormer windows and steep conical roofs. The village of Inveraray was moved in the 1770s to give the castle a more secluded setting,