One hundred shares, sold to G.J. Hodgson & Co.
Dated Montreal April 23, 1935.
J. McWilliam Secretary – James Cooper President
Multiple vertical folds.
11 1/4" X 7 1/2"
In 1912, a rich gold vein was discovered near Lake Duparquet by a prospector named Beattie. He set up the Beattie Gold Mine company that began operation in 1933. That same year, the new community forming at the mine was incorporated as Ville de Duparquet, named after the geographic township in which it is located. The township was named in 1916 in honour of Jean-Annet Chabreuil Du Parquet, a grenadier captain of the La Sarre Regiment, that was part of General Montcalm's army.