German photo, titled on back:
One of a series of cigarette card photos.
6 X 4.25 cm.
LZ 127 Graf Zeppelin was a German-built and -operated, passenger-carrying, hydrogen-filled, rigid airship which operated commercially from 1928 to 1937. When it entered commercial service in 1928, it became the first commercial passenger transatlantic flight service in the world. It was named after the German pioneer of airships, Ferdinand von Zeppelin, who was a count (Graf) in the German nobility. During its operating life, the airship made 590 flights covering more than 1.7 million kilometers (over 1 million miles). It was designed to be operated by a crew of 36 officers and men. The LZ 127 was the longest rigid airship at the time of its completion and was only surpassed by the USS Akron in 1931. It was scrapped for fighter plane parts in 1940.
Fondé en 1882 Montpellier Lettre du 20 janvier 1892 à ‘Mon cher Marsal’, invitation au banquet,...
Sur l'avers: ‘Sport vélocipèdique’ et image de 3 types de vélocipède: deux roues, trois roues,...