1915 Masonic Church Service programme, Madoc Ontario Canada
Under the Auspices of
Madoc Lodge, No. 48 A.F. & A.M.
Sunday June 20th 1915
At St. John’s Church, Madoc
List of Hymns, Psalms, Lessons…
Nice Masonic emblem at top of front page.
Creases, horizontal folds, bit stained in spots.
24 x 10.5 cm
Madoc was originally named MacKenzie’s Mills after Donald MacKenzie, who built a sawmill and grist mill forming a nucleus of a settlement here on Deer Creek. It was briefly named Hastings but renamed Madoc after the legendary Welsh Prince, Lord Madoc of Wales. A post-office, Madoc was established in 1836, and the hamlet grew gradually, stimulated by lumbering, farming, and the opening of the Hastings Colonization Road (1854), which ran north from Madoc Township.
Late in the year 1853 to early 1854, Masonic Brethren in the district decided to form a Lodge.