All three with 1¢ King Edward VII stamp, and postmarked ‘NORTH BAY ONT. MR 25 11’, to Bronte and Ottawa.
4.5 x 13.5 cm
Stedman’s was a department store chain whose roots were planted in Brantford, Ontario in 1905. The business was incorporated in 1908. Gradually expanding through franchising outlets in small-town Canada the chain grew to more than 350 stores nationwide.
The postcards they published were a division of the business along with clothing, a magazine, and other retail products. Their cards were made and printed in Germany. Production started in about 1905 and continued until the outbreak of the first World War. With the ban on German imports, their inventory source was lost. In that time period, however, it is likely that they produced well over 7,000 cards.