Printed by J.C. Chamberlain, Conway Ont.
Booklet used for promoting medicinal products: "The Great Shoshonee Remedy of the celebrated Indian, Dr. Lewis Josephus".
Almost every second page is dedicated to the benefits of the Remedy:
- how was it discovered
- relation to our Lacteal Vessels
- Shoshonee Pills
- for Sea Sickness, Scrofula, Syphilis, Consumption, Liver Complaints,...
- many testimonials
- calendars for 1869 & 1870
- Ready Reckoner
- correct language of flowers
- making of common dyes
- food digestion
- recipes for common cakes (Scotch, Jenny Lind, Crullers..)
- recipes for puddings (Indian Meal, Cheap Lemon..)
- recipes for Pies
- interest tables
- weights and measures
- Post Office
32 pages + covers
Fine condition, some general staining of covers and internal pages. Pencil marks inside back cover. Paper itself in good condition.