“Mrs. W.D. Herridge, wife of Canada’s Minister to United States and sister of Canada’s Prime Minister the Right Hon. R.B. Bennett”
From Nestlé's Home Economics Bureau, all recipes use a Nestlé product.
- Soups and Sauces
- Fish and Luncheon Dishes
- Meats and Vegetables
- Pies and Puddings
- Cakes and Cookies
- Candy and Ice Cream
- Biscuits and Miscellaneous
Some sample recipes with ‘references’:
- Oyster Stew (how cook at Canadian legation in D.C. prepares it for Mrs. Herridge)
- Cream of Mushroom Soup (cook for Miss Martha Allen, of Montreal Repertory Theatre, for her ‘smart dinner parties’)
- Haddock steamed in milk (cook at Montreal home of Casgrains)
- Chicken a la King (chef at Government House Halifax, home of Covert, Lt. Governor of Nova Scotia)
- Layer Cake with Chocolate Icing (cook at resident of Mrs. J. McAvity Saint John N.B ‘one of Maritimes most popular hostesses’)
- Chocolate Fudge (cook at home of Miss Betty Sanford Smith, popular member of Toronto’s ‘smart young set’, daughter of Colonel Sanford Smith D.S.O)
- Biscuits (cook at “Dorindale”, country home of Brickendens. Mrs Brickenden of London Ontario, is one of Canada’s foremost horsewomen...)
Advertising for Nestlé’s Irradiated Evaporated Milk, Sterilized Evaporated Milk.
Printed in Canada February 1935.
Crease LR corner. Other light creases. Light water stain LR on cover and into pages
16.5 x 11 cm.