'Useful Information folder Showing Quebec Streets'
'Presented with compliments of The Quebec Trading Company operation the "NEW FRONTENAC GARAGE" '
'Most modern and hygienic rest rooms and writing rooms for the use of its patrons'
Nice map of Old Quebec with major sites and location of Garage.
Full page ad for Garage extolling its advantages for tourist and their cars.
Nice two-page ad for their towing service.
Also have on-staff chauffeurs and guides to serve tourists.
One page promoting Chateau Frontenac and their official status with them.
8 pages, folded 20.5 X 11.5 cm
The McColl-Frontenac Oil Company was an oil company based in Canada. It was created in 1927 as a result of a merger between two companies, McColl Brothers, founded by John McColl in 1873, and Frontenac Oil Refineries. Shares in the new company were acquired by the Texas Company, and by 1941 it had acquired a majority ownership position of McColl-Frontenac. At that time, the oil company was rebranded as Texaco. McColl-Frontenac was known for its branding of its oil and products as "Red Indian". In 1989, Texaco Canada was acquired by Imperial Oil.
NOSWORTHY, Alfred George (1883-1969) was active in Quebec City in a brief partnership with Wilfrid Lacroix in 1917-18 (see list of works under Lacroix & Nosworthy). Born in St. John’s, Newfoundland on 12 February 1883, he studied architecture and engineering at the Massachusetts Inst. of Technology in Boston, and after graduating from MIT he moved to Montreal to take up the post of assistant architect with the Grand Trunk Railway offices there. He relocated to Quebec City before 1915 and opened an office under his own name in early 1916. In June 1917 he was invited to form a partnership with Wilfrid Lacroix, but their collaboration was brief, and their firm was dissolved by mutual consent in 1919.
QUEBEC CITY, QUE., New Frontenac Garage, St. Louis Street, for P. Campbell, 1917