Member of United Hotels chain.
Nice Art Deco color and graphics.
4 B&W photos:
“50 Rooms $3.00 per person $4.50 two persons”
Paper bit crinkled.
7" x 3 3/4"
The Ten Eyck Hotel (1917–1971)
The construction of the Ten Eyck hotel began in 1917 and the building was opened for business in 1918. The hotel was built at 83 State street, on the corner of State and Pearl street, in the place that used to be known as The Elm Tree Corner, a central crossroad in Albany. The Ten Eyck was a seventeen story building that catered to the capital's elite and held a restaurant and oyster bar. In 1933, the hotel was operated by Niagara Falls businessman Frank A. Dudley and the United Hotels Company.
The hotel was bought and remodeled by Sheraton in the 1950s and lasted as a business until the late 1960s. The building was torn down in 1971, and later in that same decade, Ten Eyck plaza was built in its place. The forty-foot bar from the hotel was saved before demolition and relocated to The Depot Grille in Staunton, Virginia.