1940s Xmas & New Years card - Veterans’ Hospital St Hyacinthe PQ
Nice logo on front cover ‘General Service’
Inside cover has photo of hospital.
Signed "Jimmie & Jeannie".
Couple of pin pricks.
10 x 13 cm.
…In 1943, the RCN’s radar training section in Halifax relocated to St.- Hyacinthe.
As the war was winding down in early 1945, the communications school closed, having trained over 3000 men and women, and HMCS St.-Hyacinthe became a naval discharge centre. A Canadian Nava Radio Laboratory was also opened at the station for the purpose of developing and improving radio equipment.
HMCS St.-Hyacinthe closed on 20 February 1946. Some of the barracks were used as a veteran’s tuberculosis sanatorium while the rest of the station was sold to J.A. & M. Cote Limited and the Quebec Government. The sanatorium closed in 1955.