1908 letter from Paris office of T. Eaton Co.

SOLD

Superb letterhead with views of London sales office, Paris office, Oshawa manufacturing, Winnipeg stores and Manufacturing and stores in Toronto.

Letter written to the ‘La Bordelaise’ food products company Le Bouscat (Bordeaux), Dated 31st August 1908.

Informing the company that Eaton’s grocery buyer will be in Paris around the 10th of September. Would like a copy of their catalog and pricing, with potential of large export orders. If the buyer is interested, he will visit while travelling through Bordeaux. Would also appreciate any information regarding this year’s harvest.

Folded in four. Some aging spots.

21 X 27 cm.

 

Eaton Company Ltd. was a Canadian department store retailer, and once Canada's largest. It was founded in 1869 in Toronto by Timothy Eaton, a Presbyterian Ulster Scot immigrant from what is now Northern Ireland. Eaton's grew to become a retail and social institution in Canada, with stores across the country, buying offices around the globe, and a catalogue that was found in the homes of most Canadians.

By 1896, Eaton's was billing itself as "Canada’s Greatest Store". The store continued to expand in size, and new buildings were constructed to house the mail order division and the Eaton's factories. The number of people employed in Eaton's operations numbered 17,500 in 1911. In 1919, the Eaton's buildings in Toronto contained a floor space of over 60 acres (240,000 m2), and occupied several city blocks between Yonge Street and Bay Street, north of Queen Street West.

WIKIPEDIA