‘City of MOOSE JAW and Saskatchewan Farm Scenes 1906’
Thin cardboard covers, interior front cover has list of members of City Council and Board of Trade. Back exterior cover has coat of arms of the City, Interior back cover has accordion fold-out paper with 20 small photos and three pages extolling Moose Jaw: on CPR main line, four Chartered Banks, best schools in the province, owns her own water, sewage and electric lighting plant, population 6000, land for $10-$30 per acre…
Nice set of photos: cattle, horse-drawn tiller, tractor, CPR depot, City Hall, Bank of Hamilton, St Andrew’s Presbyterian…
Photos by Porter and Cunningham, Moose Jaw
Published by Canadian Promotion Co. Winnipeg
Covers: 11.5 X 9 cm
Each ‘panel’: 7.5 X 6 cm (12 panels total, all but last two-sided)
Vertical crease on covers, slight tear on fold. Back cover bit smudgy.
The confluence of the Moose Jaw River and Thunder Creek was chosen and registered in 1881 as a site for a division point for the Canadian Pacific Railway, whose construction was significant in Confederation of Canada. The water supply there was significant for steam locomotives. Settlement began there in 1882 and the city was incorporated in 1903. The railways played an important role in the early development of Moose Jaw, with the city having both a Canadian Pacific Railway Station and a Canadian National Railway Station. A dam was built on the river in 1883 to create a year-round water supply.
Couverture illustrée representant le BIBUNDUM MICHELIN, dessiné par E.L. Cousyn. Le Mois Automobile Deuxième Année...
SOLD 'Including selected Recipes for Sauces, Salads, Catsups,etc.' 'Also: Culinary, Medicinal and General uses for Vinegar'...