! COVID-19: Expect longer shipping times // Attendez-vous à des délais de livraison
Photo of First Nations girls of all ages in uniform, taken outside the Lebret (Qu’Appelle) Industrial Residential School, run by the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate and the Grey Nuns.
The School was located on the White Calf (Wa-Pii Moos-Toosis) Reserve west of Lebret.
A sad part of Canada’s history.
Based on VELOX photographic paper used, dates it from 1907-1920.
Unused, some light pencil text.
(Red text is an electronic watermark that is not physically part of the photo for sale)
The Lebret (Qu’Appelle, St. Paul’s, Whitecalf) Industrial School, (1884 – 1998) , operated by the Roman Catholic Church (Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate and the Grey Nuns) from 1884 until 1973, was one of the first three industrial schools that opened following the recommendations of the Davin Report, and was fully funded by the government (Battleford was the other in what is now Saskatchewan). This school was located on the White Calf (Wa-Pii Moos-Toosis) Reserve, west of the village of Lebret on Treaty 4 land. Lebret school has a long history as one of the first industrial schools to open and the last to close.